Monday, August 29, 2005

The Realities Of Blogging

The biggest reality of blogging is.......reality.

I've been absent from blogging for a couple of days, much to my dismay, due to the death of my father-in-law. Now, I'm not looking for sympathy, but what I'm pointing out is that for those of you who are considering beginning a blog. Before you do it, just know that there will be days, even 'seasons' of time, where blogging will not be as easy as it seems before you start.

Now, there's no rule that says how many times you have to blog, but the frequency of your posting is THE critical issue facing you. If your content is not fresh, readers will not come back. And to start out strong and then fade could have the effect of showing that you don't have "staying power" or the foresight to plan ahead.

This is not meant as criticism, but as a reminder that blogging takes commitment. A commitment that all of us need to consider carefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home