Sunday, January 22, 2006

Something For Nothing?

A couple of thoughts as I peruse the web for other's thoughts on blogging.

I'm seeing tons of requests for bloggers and ghostbloggers by website owners. What amazes me is that people (apparantly trying to pass themselves off as professionals) are advertising for volunteers, or paying people $1 per 200 - 400 word posts! What I'm curious to find out is who is taking them up on their "offer"? Maybe college students with lots of time, living on their parent's dime. Or Joe Blow with a keyboard.

Certainly not professionals.

OK, before you brand me as an elitist blogging snob (which I might be...), there is some good news.

Anyone can start a cheap website. Anyone can start a blog for free. In one sense that's not good news. But for those of us who offer a professional product, it's only a minor inconvenience. Sure, we have to work harder to communicate to prospective clients that the plethora of gawd awful blogs have a short shelf life. It's also very easy to see the difference between the pros and the wannabes. What better way to showcase your work. Tell prospective clients to perform their due diligence and look for themselves. Case closed.

If you'd like to find out more about my elitist blogging views, ...errr, credentials, just write:
ghostblogging@veritymedia.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home